Friday, October 8, 2010

What To Use To Seal Paint

Physics of the heel 12, with Monica Marelli

Monica Marelli graduated in Pavia with a dissertation on hadrons (for two or three who do not know, hadrons are subatomic particles under the strong nuclear force). Da tempo si occupa di divulgazione scientifica collaborando con testate nazionali come Wired, Elle, Flair, D-La Repubblica delle Donne.

Le abbiamo rivolto tre domande:

Ma davvero la fisica è un gioco da ragazze?

«Sì, è anche un gioco da ragazze. Per questo motivo il mio libro parla di amicizia, di shopping e di fidanzati innamorati dei mega schermi al plasma: la fisica si incontra quotidianamente nella nostra vita. Perfino quando ci mettiamo a dieta, stiamo lottando disperatamente contro le leggi della termodinamica. Purtroppo alla parola fisica si associa sempre qualcosa di negativo, come la bomba atomica o le radiazioni pericolose. And of course the body is still a man. When, during the presentation of my previous books for children ask: "How can you imagine a physicist?" Everyone, absolutely everyone, describe a man with gray hair and mustache, that is Einstein. When I say that I am a physicist, I look at opening his eyes, which seem to say: "hmmm, there's something wrong '."

How can you make love science to children?

"Children are very curious, just like real scientists who never cease to marvel at the phenomena of Nature. So it's much easier to gain their attention, and science is a subject of surprises, with physics and the physics of miao wow, for example, I asked the animals to explain how they manage to survive thanks to the laws of physics and the children really enjoyed. "

How did your colleagues when they read the article on curved polymers of mascara?

"Good question! Some have turned their noses, others have made me the compliments. Unfortunately, many "experts" can not tolerate the necessary resolution. I, however, I believe it is essential to meet the curiosity of all: the physics is so beautiful and charming to stay locked in incomprehensible academic tomes, available to few. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment